At AFW we offer both community drop-in classes for our customers and classes with skilled instructors in a wide variety of fiber arts. Check the calendar for an up-to-date list and subscribe to our newsletter for a monthly list of new classes!
Ongoing drop-in classes and social hours (no fee or pre-registration required)
Spin In at AFW
- Open spinning for any level, beginner to advanced. Just bring your wheel and spindle and join the circle.
- 2nd & 4th Saturday of every month - 10-5
- Open to all weavers, bring a portable loom and join in, work together to learn and share
- Wednesdays, noon - 5 pm.
- Whatever your yarn is on (needle, hook, loom, spindle or wheel) bring it in. This is a time for work, encouragement, help or showing off.
- Wednesdays, 4-8
- Open to any knitter, any project, any level of experience. Share tips and talents.
- Every Thursday from noon to 2 pm.
Please call or visit us to reserve your spot in upcoming classes.
Fleece Scouring - $10 a pound, includes use of all equipment. Bring your own scouring agent and fleece or purchase them here.
Drum Carder - $10 for 4 hours use of a Strauch Finest drum carder in the shop.
Spinning Wheels - $2/day for up to 2 weeks. We have both a Schacht Ladybug and Kromski Sonata available.