At AFW we offer both community drop-in classes for our customers and classes with skilled instructors in a wide variety of fiber arts. Check the calendar for an up-to-date list and subscribe to our newsletter for a monthly list of new classes!
Ongoing drop-in classes and social hours (no fee or pre-registration required)
Spin In at AFW
- Open spinning for any level, beginner to advanced. Just bring your wheel and spindle and join the circle.
- 2nd & 4th Saturday of every month - 10-5
- Open to all weavers, bring a portable loom and join in, work together to learn and share
- Wednesdays, noon - 5 pm.
- Whatever your yarn is on (needle, hook, loom, spindle or wheel) bring it in. This is a time for work, encouragement, help or showing off.
- Wednesdays, 4-8
- Open to any knitter, any project, any level of experience. Share tips and talents.
- Every Thursday from noon to 2 pm.
- Open to all needle felters,
- Use the supplies provided for our Community Project or bring your own project.
- Every Friday starting around 10 am.
Rum River Handweavers
- Weavers using all kinds of looms and with all levels of experience are welcome.
- We have lively discussions about weaving topics, such as finishing techniques and use of color in weaving.
- Bring your recent projects to show. We all learn from each other.
- The Rum River Handweavers Guild meets on the third Monday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
Please call or visit us to reserve your spot in upcoming classes.
Knitting Knowledge Class Series
Are you ready to start knitting, improve your knitting skills, or learn a new-to-you knitting technique? The Knitting Knowledge Series of technique-based classes, with Deb C as your guide, will help you take that next step. There are eight classes in the series and they can be taken in order or when you are ready to learn a new skill. Choose the class that fits your needs.
Classes: Beginning Knitting, Understanding Gauge, Finishing Touches, Short Rows, Colorwork, Cables, Intarsia, Steeks
Classes can be scheduled during regular shop hours. Call Anoka Fiber Works or stop in the shop to find out more and schedule a class. Minimum class size—1, maximum class size—6.
Fleece Scouring - $10 a pound, includes use of all equipment. Bring your own scouring agent and fleece or purchase them here.
Drum Carder - $10 for 4 hours use of a Strauch Finest drum carder in the shop.
Spinning Wheels - $2/day for up to 2 weeks. We have both a Schacht Ladybug and Kromski Sonata available.
Triangle Loom - $30 for one month use in the shop. Includes triangle loom, easel, and storage.